This article details troubleshooting and usage methods for the chat function in Zoom.
The chat allows you to send messages to other users in a meeting. You can send messages to the entire group or to an individual, and the host can choose who the participants chat with or disable chat entirely. The chat can be saved manually or automatically.
Accessing the Chat
- Click Chat in the meeting controls.
- This will open the chat window on the right. You can type a message to send to the entire group or click on the drop-down next to To: if you want to send a message to a specific person.
- When new chat messages are sent to you or everyone, a preview of the message will appear and Chat will flash orange in your host controls.
Accessing Chat While Screensharing
- To open the chat while screensharing, click More in the meeting controls and choose Chat.
- A floating chat window will appear.
- If you receive chat messages while screensharing, the More button will flash orange.