How to connect the Television to a Mac laptop wirelessly (4018)
Guide to connecting a Mac laptop to the televisions in room 4018 in 614 E. Daniel St.
You do not need additional software to connect via Airplay on Mac.
- Check that you are connected to the IllinoisNet wireless network.
- Turn on the television using the red power button on the remote control. Please report missing remotes to the Help Desk. If the remote cannot be found, you can perform these actions using the action button below the Samsung logo on the television:
- Turning on the LED screen: There is a power button located on the bottom of the television beneath the SAMSUNG.
- Changing options: Press the button to switch through the options listed at the bottom of the screen. Hold the button to select an option
- Changing the source: Press the button and switch through the options until you reach the option labeled Source. Hold the button until it switches to a new output. You will need to let go of the button and then hold the button again to continue switching through sources.
- Turning off the LED screen: Press the button and switch through the options until you reach the option labeled Power Off. Hold the button until the screen powers off.
- Press the Source button on the remote control and select Cable Box from the available sources on the television.
On the laptop, go to System Preferences > Displays and select 4018 room from the available displays in the Add Display drop-down.
Display Options 4018 4018 room 4031 no Solstice connection 4035 room 4035 4165 room 4165 5116 room 5116 Multi-Purpose Room A room 4043a Multi-Purpose Room B room 4043 b
- You will be prompted to enter the AirPlay password. There should be a 4-digit code displayed on the television (it pops up briefly in the center of the television but it will remain displayed in the locations in the photograph below). Enter this as the password. This password changes regularly so you should not bother saving or remembering it. Note: The photograph below was taken in room 4018. The screen you see will have your room number on it and a different password.
- The laptop should now be connected to the television.