iSchool Rooms: How to Connect the Television to a Windows Laptop Wirelessly (Panel Rooms)
A guide to connecting to televisions with a windows laptop in rooms with a control panel in 614 E. Daniel St.
You will need to download and install Solstice to connect wirelessly to a Windows laptop. If you are borrowing a laptop from the Help Desk, this should already be installed.
- Check that you are connected to the IllinoisNet wireless network.
- Use the control panel to set the source for the desired television to wireless projection.
For rooms 4035, 4165, 5116:
For the Multi-Purpose Room:
- On the laptop, open the Solstice app.
Find the television in the list of displays or search the room name to find it.
|no Solstice connection
|Multi-Purpose Room A
|Multi-Purpose Room B
|room 4043 b
- You will be prompted to enter the Solstice password. There should be a 4-digit code displayed on the television (it pops up briefly in the center of the television but it will remain displayed in the locations in the photograph below). Enter this as the password. This password changes regularly so you should not bother saving or remembering it. Note: The photograph below was taken in room 4018. The screen you see will have your room number on it and a different password.
- The laptop should now be connected to the television.