Self-Select Breakout Rooms for Students
A guide to self-select Breakout Rooms in Zoom for Students.
Some important information to keep in mind:
- All participants need to update Zoom and then restart their machine for self-select breakout rooms to work.
- Self-select breakout rooms require participants to use the desktop application or mobile app. It will not work in the browser version of Zoom.
- This feature requires the zoom to be on version 5.3.0 or higher.
Using Self-Select Breakout Rooms
As a Participant
- When breakout rooms are opened participants will see a "Breakout Rooms" button in their meeting controls with a popup above it saying "Join a breakout room"
- Participants can click Breakout Rooms to select and join their breakout room.
- When a participant clicks the breakout room icon they will be given options to choose from. They can select a room and click Join and confirm that they would like to join that room.
- Once inside their chosen breakout room, participants now have the option to move between rooms by choosing a new breakout room from the menu.