Sharing a Pre-recorded Video in Zoom
Unlike Blackboard Collaborate, Zoom allows hosts to share a video with audio with participants (unlike simply supplying a link to the video and having all participants watch the video simultaneously.)
- Click the Share button in the meeting controls.
- Select the video from the available screens. We suggest having the video open on a separate tab from any other programs you are currently using to make it easier to find.
- Select Optimize for Full-Screen Video Clip from the bottom of the Share window. This should automatically select Share Computer Sound as well. If it doesn't, select that option as well.
- Click Share.
- The first time you use this feature, a new box will pop up on your screen. You will need to enter an Admin User Name and Password to use the feature.
- After the Admin credentials have been entered, stop sharing your screen, refresh the video browser, and repeat steps 1-4. Audio will now be available to your participants!
Note: Due to the refreshing requirement, we suggest you set this up ahead of any class where it is needed. This can be completed by using the Zoom modules in the iSchool Sandbox or iSchool Demo Course Site Moodle pages. Please contact the Help Desk if you need any assistance.