Topics Map > Documents Tab
Topics Map > General Info
Topics Map > Settings Tab
KB User's Guide - General Info - Remove Topic Breadcrumbs from a KB Space or Document
You must have full administrative permissions in your space to perform these steps. This means access to the OwnerDocs, GroupDocs, SitePref, and Users tabs.
This document will explain how a KB Group Admin can hide topic breadcrumbs from view on their KB Live Site(s). This guide explains how to remove them from the entire KB space or from a single KB document.
Topic Breadcrumbs are the links at the top of the page that display the topic paths that lead to the document you are looking at.
Example of Topic Breadcrumbs:
Remove Breadcrumbs from an entire KB space:
- Navigate to the KB Admin tools of the desired space, then to the Settings tab
- Click on the FullView Layout/CSS link on the left sidebar and go to the internal site custom CSS field (external site custom CSS field if you want to update your external site)
- Click to expand the appropriate panel, Internal Site Non-Landing Page Layout / CSS or External Site Non-Landing Page Layout / CSS. Note that field names and screenshots below depict a change to an internal site CSS. Select the appropriate field from the Internal site custom CSS dropdown menu: None, Internal site custom CSS One, Internal site custom CSS Two, etc.
Best Practices: if you have custom CSS applied to your KB space, append the code that is already in place. If you have no CSS applied to your KB Space, select an unpopulated Internal site custom CSS X field. (example: External site custom CSS Two is in use, code appended)
- Paste the CSS code into the corresponding field. (example: Internal site custom CSS One field is blank, paste the code there.)
- Click the Update button at the bottom of the page to save your work.
The CSS code to paste:
Remove Breadcrumbs from a single KB document:
- Navigate to the edit screen of the desired KB document. See KB Author Training - Editing an Existing Document for more information on searching for and editing a KB document.
- Enter the following:
- Set the document to the desired status and click Submit.