KB User's Guide - SitePref Tab - Uploading a New Site Logo
KB Admins, if you want to replace the group logo that displays in the upper left-hand corner of your internal and external KB sites, you can upload a new one under the SitePref tab. Follow the steps below.
If your KB site has the UW Theme for KB applied to it, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your specifications. We are happy to help.
Image File Formats
Using your preferred image-editing software, create/ update the existing KB Logo and store on your hard drive in one of the following formats:
Update Your KB Logo
- In the KB Admin Tools, navigate to the SitePref tab and select the FullView Layout/CSS link on the left.
- Find either the Internal or external panels and select the one to expand for the logo you are attempting to change:
- If you are updating the logo fixed center layout (i.e. the unique photo-based layout that you can optionally have enabled as your homepage), expand the Internal or External Site Landing Page Layout / CSS panel, and go to Internal or External landing page logo image path.
- If you are updating the logo for your main site layout, expand the Internal or External Site Non-Landing Page Layout / CSS panel, and go to Internal or External site logo image path.
- Click on the Upload link next to the appropriate field.
- A pop-up window will appear called Logo folder for your group space.
- Click on the Browse... button, navigate to the location of the updated KB Logo, and confirm the file to select it for uploading.
- The file will be uploaded automatically, displaying a confirmation message. After a second, the name of the image should now appear in the Image table below.
- Copy the image path from the pop up window (example: /images/groupXXX/logo) into the text field for the logo you want to update.
- Append that image path with the name of the image (example: /images/groupXXX/logo/updated_logo.png)
- Click on the Update button at the bottom of the page
- Navigate to the Live site and check the change to the logo you just made.