Topics Map > Topics Tab
Topics Map > Settings Tab
KB User's Guide - Topics Tab - Enable the Topic Tree Side Module on your Live Site(s)
You must have full administrative permissions in your space to perform these steps. This means access to the Documents, Settings, and Users tabs.
The Topics Tree can be seen in the form of a Topic (Site) Map on your KB internal/ or external sites. For details about how to create topics, please see KB User's Guide - Topics Tab - Adding, Editing, and Deleting Topics
Enable the Topic Tree Side Module on your Live Site(s)
You can opt to display a Topic Tree as a Side Module on your internal/ or external KB site's homepage. Having the correct permissions (e.g. access to the Site Pref tab), this can be done by checking the appropriate check box(es) from the Side Modules screen which can be accessed from the Settings tab.
The image below shows the UW Theme KB Live Site formatting:
Enable the Topic Tree Side Module
- Navigation: KBAdmin Tools > Settings Tab > "Side Modules" link
- Module name: Topic Tree is one of the 6 delivered Module types (in the image below, you will see the delivered Topic Tree Side Module)
- Module Name - You may rename this to something more relevant to your KB Site or leave it as-is.
- Position - The dropdown menu only has one option: for the Side Module to appear on the left side of the screen.
- Internal/External - Check the appropriate check box in which you would like your Topic Tree to appear.
- FullView/MobileView - Check the appropriate check box if you would like your Topic Map to appear in the FullView and /or to appear on tablets and mobile devices.
- LandingPage - Topic Tree will appear on the homepage. (recommended)
- DocPage - Topic Tree will appear on any other page within your KB. (depends on your content)
- Order - Determine where in the sequence of Side Modules Left you would like the Topic Tree to appear.
- Update button - Click the Update button at the bottom of the screen to save your changes.