KB User's Guide - Documents Tab - How To View Revision History
How to View Revision History
In the KB Admin Tools, go to the document you would like to work on.
In the row of action buttons that appear at the top and bottom of the page, click on the See revisions button.
This will take you to a list of previous versions of this document, displaying who updated it and when it was previously revised. This table contains the following information:
- Version numbers
- An "Activated" column, which will list "Yes" for any version that was published
- The title of the document when the revision was saved
- The user who saved the revision
- The date and time the revision was saved
- The age of the revision
- A "Compare" checkbox
Clicking the title of a revision will allow you to view that revision on its own. You can also compare multiple revisions by doing the following:
- Check the Compare checkbox for the versions that you wish to compare.
- Click the Compare Selected button above or below the table of revisions.
- You will then see the selected versions in a tiled layout, allowing you to easily compare them and spot differences. A color-coded list of differences (in HTML) will be displayed at the bottom of the page. When you are finished comparing, you have the option to return to viewing the live document, or to go back to the revision list.
It is also possible to restore to a previous version of a doc using the Revision History. While viewing a previous version of the doc, you can click Restore with this version to replace the current version of the document. However, you must have the doc in either "In Progress" or "In Review" status before you can revert to a previous version using Revision History.