KB User's Guide - SitePref Tab - Google Analytics
Follow the steps below to apply Google Analytics to your KB a Site(s).
Obtain a Google Analytics Tracking Snippet and Tracking ID from Google
Create an account to Google Analytics (GA).
Complete the information requested by Google to establish your GA account.
Locate your tracking ID by going to Admin > Property Settings for the property you created in your account.
Cut and paste the tracking ID shown on this page, which is formatted in the pattern of
Set up Google Analytics in your KB Site
- Navigate in the KB Admin Tools > Site Pref tab > Site Footers > Site Footers link
- This will lead you to the Site Footers / Facebook Plugins / Google Analytics screen. The image below shows the SitePref tab circled in red and a red arrow pointing to the Site Footers link.
- You may apply Footers to your Internal/or External KB Sites. This screen provides two distinct sections for each KB site. Each section allows you to Enable Google Analytics and/or Google Analytics IP Masking. Each section has these 3 GA options:
Check the appropriate GA checkboxes.
Enter your GA tracking ID in the space provided.Click the Update button to save your changes.
- Enable Google Analytics - Generates detailed statistics about traffic, measures, etc.
- Google Analytics IP Masking - IP Masking tells Google Analytics to anonymize the information sent by the tracker objects by removing the last octet of the IP address prior to its storage. This will slightly reduce the accuracy of geographic reporting.
- Google Analytics tracking ID - Field where you enter your own, distinct Google Analytics tracking ID number that follows this pattern
The image below shows the placement of the GA options in the KB's Site Footers / Facebook Plugins / Google Analytics screen.
Google Analytics Reporting
GA is a very robust tool. You may read about all the features here. We encourage you to either read up on the features or watch a You Tube Video for an overview or seek out webinars that may provide more details.
The image below shows the Google Analytics Overview Report where the parameters are Average Session Duration per Day whose parameters are circled in red. You may also choose any other variable in the drop down list and run the report to display Hourly, Week or Month.