Zoom - Settings - Name Changes
Making name corrections in your UIC Zoom account, including adding pronouns.
UIC Zoom accounts are connected to your UIC netid and your UIC Directory entry. You can view your entry in the UIC Directory by going to this link and searching for your netid.
As of 4/8/21, Technology Solutions (former ACCC) has enabled Zoom Display Name changes to be made to individual Zoom accounts and for those changes to persist. As of 8/6/21, Technology Solutions has enabled Zoom Pronouns to be modified by each individual. This is a change you make inside your UIC Zoom profile. See below for step by step instructions:
Access the Profile Settings in the browser for your UIC Zoom account.There are three ways to get there, but here is one way:
- In the Zoom program installed on your computer, choose the Profile image (a silhouette or your photo) in the top right
- Select Settings
- In the popup Settings window, choose "View More Settings"
- This will open a browser window and have you authenticate to your UIC Zoom account there
- Choose Profile on the left
- Looking at your profile in the browser, you can choose EDIT to the right of your name
Edit your Display Name as desired.
Add your Pronouns in the field below Display Name, if desired
Choose whether you would like your pronouns displayedusing the dropdown menu of choices.
- The Display Name and Pronouns will persist AFTER you hit SAVE CHANGES at the bottom of the page.
Observe the successful corrections.
In addition to Display Name changes that are visible for all Zoom meetings, there is also the ability to edit your name in Zoom is available within a given meeting. This is a setting that the meeting host can turn off on their side, so you may encounter meetings that do not let you edit your name during the meeting.