Zoom - Settings - Name Changes
Making temporary name corrections in your UIC Zoom account, including adding pronouns.
UIC Zoom accounts are connected to your UIC netid and your UIC Directory entry. You can view your entry in the UIC Directory by going to this link and searching for your netid.
However, the ability to edit your name in Zoom is available within a given meeting. This is a setting that the meeting host can turn off on their side, so you may encounter meetings that do not let you edit your name during the meeting.
Additionally, you can edit the name on your UIC Zoom account and it will persist until you log in to Zoom again. This means it will revert back to the directory entry at least every day, and possibly more frequently depending on how you are using your account, whether you are connected to the internet consistently, etc. This is the information Zoom provides to warn you that the edits you make to your name, as in the example below, will not last:
If you wish to temporarily edit your name anyhow, you can do so as follows:
Access the Profile Settings in the browser for your UIC Zoom account.There are three ways to get there, but here is one way:
- In the Zoom program installed on your computer, choose the Profile image (a silhouette or your photo) in the top right
- Select Settings
- In the popup Settings window, choose "View More Settings"
- This will open a browser window and have you authenticate to your UIC Zoom account there
- Choose Profile on the left
- Looking at your profile in the browser, you can choose EDIT to the right of your name
Edit your name as desired.This is a space you can use to add your pronouns as well.
- The name listed in grey below the editable name fields will change AFTER you hit SAVE CHANGES.
Observe the successful name correction.
Remember this will not persist day to day. Every time you *log in* to Zoom it will revert to what is displayed in the UIC Directory.