Classrooms - AV - 316 CMWT and 2175 COMRB- Join Video Conference from Room PC
How to start up the AV system in this room and display the built-in PC for purposes of also using the room mics and cameras.
Rooms 316 CMWT and 2175 COMRB are the Chicago spaces in the Cross-Campus Communication and Collaboration (C4) project. There are two sister rooms each in Peoria and in Rockford with equivalent functionality. These rooms are intended for all-room participation in meetings and classes. As such, there are cameras and mics directed at the "audience" within each room. Accordingly, free exchange between all virtual and physical participants is enabled.
Press touch panel to wake up from black screen
Press again to start Room AV Equipment
Choose your action. For Zoom or other non-WebEx video conferencing, select “Presentation / Other Video Conf”
- Wait for Starting Up
- By default, the Built-in Room PC should be selected for both Left and Right Displays
- If not,
drag “PC Primary” to the Left Display and “PC Secondary” to the Right Display
Log in to the PC using generic “Com Faculty” credentials displayed in the room
- Now, any action on the PC will incorporate Room Mics, Speakers, and Cameras as appropriate.
- Log in to your preferred Web Conferencing platform.
How to log in to Zoom
- Start or Join a Meeting
- Note, mute/unmute in Zoom and mute/unmute with the physical mics on the table work together: room lights and mics turn red when muted, green when unmuted.
When finished, be sure to:
- Log out of Zoom, email, any other applications on the PC
- Do not log out of or shut down the Room PC itself
- Press "System Off" on the Touch Panel to power down the room AV equipment.