COM Research Information: -80 Freezers and Incubator Monitoring (Dickson/Oceasoft)
Dickson (formerly Oceasoft) is the current temperature freezer monitoring company the College of Medicine is working with along with our COM departments.
For those of you that oversee research activities, the COM Dean’s Office is in the process of installing Oceasoft Gateways to help with remote monitoring of -80 freezers and incubators as part of the MSB capital project. The gateways will be strategically deployed to provide optimal/equitable coverage in the COMRB, MSB, and MBRB. Departmental research programs will be able to leverage the infrastructure by purchasing the Oceasoft equipment modules at a reasonable price and then monitor the equipment via a cloud based platform/app. If the initial program proves productive, we will exam a broader deployment of the infrastructure to other facilities.
1. In order to leverage these new gateway receivers, older technology would need to be upgraded.
2. Electrical power and a data jack (under COM VLAN) is required.
3. COM will be the admin for the Oceasoft cloud portal and will create the depts and accounts for users.
4. Any equipment outside the gateway is the responsibility of the depts.
5. Firmware, software, cloud, hardware, software is the responsibility of Dickson to solve.
6. COM is only responsible for gateway hardware, network connection and item 3.
Dickson/Oceasoft contact info: Adrien Sedillot <email@example.com>
https://www.oceasoft.com/files/library/oceaview/oceasoft_lorawan_receiver_user_guide_en.pdf (we have FW v. 5.1.x).
COM contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
LoRaWAN gateway locations:
MSB 5TH FLR
COMRB 8040: A021,
COMRB 4060: E092, 00:08:00:4B:04:3C
COMRB 5TH FLR
COMRB 2040: G047, 00:08:00:4B:04:39
MBRB 3205: W-D087, 00:08:00:4B:04:55, 10.108.1.28 . ptag: P20228958.
MBRB 3115: W-C122, 00:08:00:4B:04:5C, 10.108.1.27 . ptag: P20228960.
MBRB 2205 00:08:00:4B:04:3D . ptag: P20228959 .
MBRB 2115 00:08:00:4B:04:60 . ptag: P20228961 .
Oceasoft equipment and services exist on campus outside of what we have here but we are not responsible for it.