- How to connect external monitors:
1. Connect all power cables to the laptop and monitors.
video interface (HDMI and VGA) are both on the laptop and also on the
back of the monitors. This should be plug and play / self-explanatory
since there is only one way to connect the cables.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video#Formats
After all is connected and powered on, make sure to open the Display
Menu. Towards the middle and bottom of the menu, this will give you the
options to identify, extend and arrange the monitors. The link below has
an 'Open Display Settings' that you click which will open the Display
menu (after you click the Open Link button on the pop-up.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027860/windows-10-view-display-settings
- For Windows:
- UIC Webstore download and installation of Cisco Anyconnect VPN.
- Setting up Two Factor Authentication (2FA).
- Logging into Anyconnect requires your netid, password (one used for email), and 2FA code.
- VPN.UIC.EDU is the server to use, to connect.
- May require a few attempts for the very first time you are using this software.
- Bottom right of computer should be a 2FA icon that when mouse-overed, will tell you status.
- Lastly, search for Remote Desktop on your computer and type in your computer name, typically dept-serial#.ad.uic.edu (ex., COMD-1234567.ad.uic.edu)
- You will need to login again with your netid (ad\netid) and password.
- For Apple:
- Info on COM/COMIR Server connection:
- Updates/Software on your work computers:
COM/COMIR pushed updates/software: