Echo360 In-Class Polls & Activities
This document summarizes how to prepare in-class polls to be used within an Echo360 live session. Didactic lectures during the AY21 class year will be using Echo360 live sessions, and iClicker will not be a practical polling method for the distributed classroom model. These instructions are for faculty preparing polls, separate instructions are available for students on how to take a poll.
Video Instructions: Video - In-Class Polls (9m 13s)
- Login into Echo360 as Instructor.
- Click on Classes view.
- Scroll down to your Lecture and click the blue Plus icon.
- Click Add Presentation (all Activity slides (such as polls) are consider a presentation by Echo360.
- Three options, select Create a New Presentation.
- Click Add Activity.
- Add the desired activity (Multiple Choice, Short Answer, Image quiz, Ordered List, Numerical)
- Fill out the activity wizard to configure your activity.
- Hit Done to save the activity. The activity is now ready for class.
- During class:
- Instructor logs into Echo360 Live session.
- Instructor have the activity slide hidden or visible to student (example, hide until ready for students to see).
- Once visible, polling or quiz starts. Click the Hand icon (first icon) to close the activity. (Student will see activity as closed)
- Click the three bar results icon (second icon) to show the class the results.
- Click the Solution icon (third icon) to show the class the solution to the activity.
Screen shot of key functions: