Client Services Support, Office 365 Installation, Mac
This article walks you through the process of installing Office 365 on a University-owned computer that is supported by Client Services (MITS System Office Region). The Office 365 installer will remove any Office products currently installed on the PC and install Office 365 in their place. This instruction set applies to Mac OS.
Installing the Office 365 Upgrade (Mac)
1. Save any open files and close all Office applications
2. Open Managed Software Center
3. Click on Updates and Check for Updates
4. Click Update All
1. Start one of the Office applications. In our example, we used Microsoft Word.
2. Click on Sign in or, if you are already signed in, click Activate
3. Enter your full email address (either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com) and click Next
4. If not already filled in, enter your full email address and your AD password and click Sign In
5. Authenticate with 2FA
6. Your Office 365 products are now activated.
7. You may activate Office 365 up to 5 PC’s or Macs, 5 tablets, and 5 smartphones. To manage, log in to http://office.illinois.edu and go to My account.
default, Office 365 Outlook will have a “Focused” inbox enabled. The Focused
Inbox separates your inbox into two tabs-Focused and Other. Your most important
emails are on the Focused tab while the rest remain easily accessible-but out
of the way-on the Other tab. This can be an inconvenience if you are accustomed
to having all your email appear in one place until you decide to move them. You
can disable this option by following these steps:
1. Open Outlook
2. From the Outlook menu, select Organize
3. Notice the shaded square around Focused Inbox. Click on it to disable Focused Inbox.
In the past, when creating a Skype meeting in Outlook, the details were pre-populated. Currently, Skype meeting details are added after the invitation is sent.