The following instructions explain how to request a RIS order.
1. Ensure that you have the correct patient located in Vetstar
2. From the home screen type riso in the command line and hit. (You may also select the RIS Orders button within the Charge Screen.)
3. Select the New This Patient button
4. Select the Loc'n: (location) button in the upper left and enter VMSC (this is a required field)
5. Weight can be entered if not already done.
6. Select the desired Modality; open a window (F4) to see all modalities. (CT, MRI, NM, LA Rads, SA Rads, US)
7. This will populate a list of available body areas of study on the right side of the screen.
8. The Priority field will default to inpatient; when appropriate, you may change to intra-op, or outpatient.
9. Enter a short Exam Reason and hit enter. (Note: The box looks like a drop down but we do not use the drop down feature. (type your reason with free form text.)
10. Enter the Doctor ordering the study, you may open a window (F4) and search by name if needed.
11. At Contact, enter your name and number or the vet tech and phone number.
12. Prior Radiographs, can be checked if you know there prior rads.
13. Order comments will open automatically and you should filled out the for completely.
14. When finished, select Save
15. To select the areas of study, double click on each area.
Note: As the study is performed you may access the RIS order screen to see the status of the study and its related reports.