There are many scenarios that require someone to have full access to someone else's calendar, i.e. to be a delegate. For example, an assistant may schedule meetings on behalf of a department head. The steps below will demonstrate how to give someone delegate access to one's calendar via Outlook Online (Webmail).
NOTE: This article only shows the process in Outlook Online (Webmail). The steps for the Outlook Desktop app can be found in this article.
To give someone delegate access to your calendar:
1. Sign in to your email account in Outlook Online - go.illinois.edu/webmail
2. Go to the Calendar view
3. Under "My calendars," hover over "Calendar" and click the "..." to bring up options. (You can also RIGHT-click on "Calendar")
4. Choose "Sharing and permissions"
5. Look up the person you want by name or NetID
6. Select that person and change the permissions drop-down to "Delegate"
7. Click "Share" to save
8. Close the window when done
NOTE: Sharing permissions can take up to four hours to go into effect.