University employees can receive relevant emails from their office building if their mail code is present and correct in the myinfo section of hr.uillinois.edu.
This applies to ACES buildings. This may not be the case for non-College of ACES buildings and is subject to change.
Note: "Listserv" means "mailing list" in this kb article. An example of a listserv is the email@example.com email employees in Mumford Hall receive about building maintenance and announcements.
Certain listservs in the university are auto-filled based on the U of I's HR system. This is the case for building listservs, such as the one listed above for Mumford.
To change the listservs an employee is listed under, they will have to go to hr.uillinois.edu/myinfo and edit their office address's mail code. This will make a change during night hours so they will now receive emails from listservs that are associated with that new mail code.
If you are unsure what your buildings mail code(s) is, go to this link and find your building: https://union.illinois.edu/shop/campus-mail/campus-mail-codes. Some buildings may have more than one mail code.
Note: For Mumford Hall, the mail code is: 710
1. Go to hr.uillinois.edu/myinfo and login using 2FA, if prompted.
2. Click on My Profile located under My Profile.
3. Click on Access My Profile to the right of the screen.
4. Login using 2FA, if prompted.
5. Click Edit next to Address/Contact Information.
6. Click Edit next to Office Address.
7. Enter your new mail code in the text box labeled Office Mail Code.
8. Click Submit at the bottom. Done!
Note: You will receive an email confirming you changed your information in the HR system. Now it is time to wait for the change to take place during night hours.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your ACES IT Pro. You can find your department's IT contact information here: https://techsupport.aces.illinois.edu/departmental-it-offices