Troubleshooting if Teams performance is slow. Known issues when using Teams with certain applications under certain conditions (ex. Zoom screen sharing with Teams on some computers)
Disable GPU Hardware Acceleration
- Open settings by right clicking on the Microsoft Teams icon in your task bar, desktop shortcut or Start menu programs
- Enable "Disable GPU hardware acceleration"
- Disable "Register teams as chat app for office"
- Restart Teams
Disable all Teams add-ins in Outlook
- Open Outlook
- Select Options
- Select Add-ins
- Select Go... next to Manage
- Disable Microsoft Team Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office
- Select ok
- Restart Outlook
Clear MS Teams cache on PC
- In Windows Explore go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams by typing into Microsoft search bar
- Delete all files in tmp, Blob_storage, Cache, GPUCache, database, and local Storage folder.
- In IndexDB folder, delete .db file.
- Restart the computer.
Modify Zoom video settings (most likely to help if issue is memory or CPU related)
- uncheck the “HD” box for your camera
- Disabling background if enabled
Problem: Pasting a capture from Snagit into Microsoft Teams results in a blank image. May also cause slow performance or failure of images load in Teams Notebooks
Solution: This issue is caused by images that have transparency. To resolve this issue follow these steps:
Open Snagit Editor.
Snagit 2018 and later: Edit > Editor Preferences > Share tab > Clipboard.
Snagit 13: File > Editor Preferences > Share tab > Clipboard.
Check "Disable image transparency on clipboard."