This article covers how to add a shared email to your Outlook program. The later half of the article covers the Outlook Web App's process if you use outlook.office365.com as your main way to access your email.
Note: In order to add a shared email, you must be added to the shared email's Active Directory group. Contact your IT department for that and any questions you have. You can find your IT pros using this link: https://techsupport.aces.illinois.edu/departmental-it-offices
1. After opening Outlook, click File in the top left.
2. Click Account Settings, then click Account Settings from the dropdown list that appears.
3. Click on your email in the box to highlight it, then click Change... above it.
4. Click More Settings, then click on the Advanced Tab.
5. Click Add... next to the box showing. Enter the shared email you are trying to connect to (e.g. testingIT@illinois.edu).
6. Click OK. At this point your Outlook may freeze. That is okay, please let it finish and unfreeze itself.
7. Click Apply, then click OK on the same window.
8. Click Next, then click Done. Click Close on the next window, too.
The shared email is added to your Outlook! It can be found on the left-hand column by scrolling to the bottom and clicking the dropdown arrow next to the shared email's name.
1. Go to https://outlook.office365.com/ and sign in.
2. Right click the Folders (1) option in the left-hand column. Click on Add shared folder (2).
3. Enter the shared email address you want to connect to into the text box. Then press Add.
Now, the email will appear below your current email if you scroll down all the way on the left-hand column.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact your ACES IT Pro. You can find your department's IT contact information here: https://techsupport.aces.illinois.edu/departmental-it-offices