SANDI - Communications Log
The Client Communications Log provides a tool for recording communications with clients and referring veterinarians. When communication comments are finalized, they become part of the patient electronic medical record. You should add a communication when you have a conversation regarding any updates on a hospitalized patient or discussing a concern that the client might have. Conversations regarding estimates, bills, complaints, should always be documented. These communications, along with signed consent forms, are vital in any dispute scenarios. Get into a habit of completing detailed documentation of your patient care and client communications, will serve you well as you move on in your career.
Video Training Link: SANDI Communications Log
Accessing the Communication Log
- Bring up the proper Client/Patient in the Patient’s Dashboard and select the arrow next to Communication.
The Communication Log will appear.
2. You can use the Sort Arrows to sort any column ascending/descending.
3. Type a key word in the Filter Box to limit your search.
4. Add Button: Select to add a Communication.
5. Refresh Button: Select to update the list (use this often if you are updating communications frequently.
6. Report Button: Select to get a report of communications in PDF form. Choose from:
- All Comments
- Retracted Comments
- Standard Comments
7. Select Add to add a new Communication
8.Fill out the new Communication and Submit
Note: All fields in red are required.
9. The Communication Log Entry screen will appear.
10. Type out your communication.
Note: At Spoke To, BE SPECIFIC do not just say co-owner, ensure that you document a full name.
- You can Submit to Save -or-
- Verify if you’re ready to finalize.
Note: Templates and Addend Comment are not applicable/active in when adding a new Communication. When Verifying, you must enter your password.
11.To Retract a finalized comment, select the retract button and enter your reason for retracting.
Note: If you make a mistake and a finalized communication needs to be corrected, contact email@example.com.
12. When Verifying, you must enter your password/pin