Allowing Mathtype functions in Word
Mathtype is an app used to write formulas in Word. By default, Macros may be disabled in Word, so an exception has to be created for Mathtype to fully work with Word.
When trying to use Mathtype in Word, the buttons may be greyed out due to a security setting. Additionally, there may be prompts saying that Macros are disabled, and that this setting is enforced by your system administrator and cannot be changed. There may also be a security warning in Word, saying that macros have been disabled.
Making Mathype Exception in Word
1. Open Word on your computer
2. Click on "File" on the top left of the screen
3. Click on "Options" on the bottom left
4. Click on "Trust Center" on the bottom left, then on "Trust Center Settings..." on the righ
5. Click on "Trusted Locations" on the top left, then "Add new location..." near the bottom right
6. For the Path field, please type out of copy/paste the following path:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\STARTUP
Please also click on the checkbox next to "Subfolders of this location are also trusted"
7. Click on "OK" for all of the open windows to close them. Then exit out of Word, and launch it again, after which Mathtype should have full functionality in Word