Facilities, Contacts, OnSite Consulting
What is OnSite Consulting, and how do I contact them?
OnSite Consulting sends a skilled consultant to a client's home or office for technical support with PCs, Macs, and Linux/UNIX machines. Typical problems that OnSite consultants assist clients with include networking connection issues, operating system and software installation, server set-up and administration, multimedia installation and configuration, UC device troubleshooting, and hardware installation/troubleshooting.
What they CAN help with
- Virus cleanup
- OS re-installs (client needs to have a valid key for OS)
- Data Recovery (best effort, nothing guaranteed)
- Admin Password Wiping
- Hardware repair/replacement (ex. Keyboards, hard drives, some LCD screens, etc.) (best effort, nothing guaranteed)
- No parts on hand, but will order them for people who pay
- Basic Server Support
- Basic Active Directory Support
- Traditional Data Migration
What they CANNOT help with
- Spills on laptops (can make an attempt, nothing guaranteed)
- Will not physically repair hard drives, flash drives, hardware in general
- Will not fix motherboard issues (can replace)
Required information to gather:
- Customer's phone number (required)
- Their question or issue (required)
- A good time that they can be reached if they want direct phone contact (required)
- The referral has to come from the Help Desk or Tier 2 team, they will not accept the "word" of a client. Please document the referral in the ticket and use the Tech Services.OnSite Consulting.Referral request area.
- (Onsite will call down sometimes to verify if this is not done).
- Let the customer know that it generally takes 2 business days before OnSite calls them to make an appointment.
- Same day emergency service cannot use the "referral" under any circumstances. Same day customers must contact OnSite directly at: (217) 333-8628, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where to escalate the ticket to:
- Request Area: Tech Services.Tech Services.OnSite Consulting.Referral
- Transfer the ticket to: TechSvcs-OnSite