Facilities, Contacts, OnSite Consulting
What is OnSite Consulting, and how do I contact them?
OnSite Consulting sends a skilled consultant to a client's home or office for technical support with PCs, Macs, and Linux/UNIX machines. Typical problems that OnSite consultants assist clients with include networking connection issues, operating system and software installation, server set-up and administration, multimedia installation and configuration, UC device troubleshooting, and hardware installation/troubleshooting.
OnSite Consulting costs $40/hour with a 1 hour minimum billing. Emergency, same-day service costs $80/hour. OnSite's services are available to students, staff, faculty, and alumni as long as they still have a valid NetID. Their phone number is 217-333-8628.
What they CAN help with
- Virus cleanup
- OS re-installs (client needs to have a valid key for OS)
- Data Recovery (best effort, nothing guaranteed)
- Admin Password Wiping
- Hardware repair/replacement (ex. Keyboards, hard drives, some LCD screens, etc.) (best effort, nothing guaranteed)
- No parts on hand, but will order them for people who pay
- Basic Server Support
- Basic Active Directory Support
- Traditional Data Migration
What they CANNOT help with
- Spills on laptops (can make an attempt, nothing guaranteed)
- Will not physically repair hard drives, flash drives, hardware in general
- Will not fix motherboard issues (can replace)