Skype for Business, Minimizing Charges for Outside Callers in a Conference
Outside callers have several options that should allow them to join a Skype for Business conference toll-free:
How to call out from a Skype for Business conference and how to avoid outside callers being charged for joining a Skype for Business conference.
Skype for Business Web App
Callers without the Skype for Business client installed should be able to click the "Join Skype for Business meeting" link in the meeting invite and use the Skype for Business Web App to participate in the meeting. The only required software needed is a web browser and a plugin.
Each Skype for Business meeting invite should include a toll-free number that will allow callers to enter the conference toll-free. Callers will be limited to audio, and not able to see any video portions of the conference. On campus users and those in the local calling area should NOT use the toll-free number. Please use the local number provided in the meeting details instead.
A Skype for Business enabled user can invite outside callers to an impromptu meeting using the following instructions:
- On the Windows Skype for Business client go to the drop down menu next to the gear icon and select show menu bar.
- A menu bar will appear at the top of the screen and you will be able to select Meet Now.
- A new window for the meeting should appear.
- In that window you will be able to call out to other customers to have them join the meeting.
- Go to the icon that looks like two people with a drop down arrow next to them.
- Click on it and in the drop down that opens select invite by person or number.
- Another new window will open and allow you to type the number you wish to call into it.
- After you type in the number go to the number in the list below and select call on the number you wish to contact. That will join the person to the call.