Email, How To redirect University Email
Redirecting your university email account to a personal account, or back to your university address can be done with the Electronic Directory Editor.
- Go to the Electronic Directory Editor (EDE) at https://ede.cites.illinois.edu/.
- Log in to the EDE with your NetID and NetID password
- Once you have logged in to the EDE, find the email field and replace the existing email address with your new email address. Make sure that you type this email address correctly, or you will not receive your email.
- Click the Apply button at the top or bottom of the EDE webpage, and then log out. *Follow steps 5 and 6 if you are trying set your mail redirection back to default (your Illinois email account).
Important: Do not leave this field blank or you will not receive your email!
Important: Do not replace the email address in this field with firstname.lastname@example.org, since "email@example.com" is only an alias for whatever address you have in the email field. If you change it to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will not receive email messages because there is no true destination address at which to deliver your email messages.
- If you're an undergraduate (Google Apps email), you'll use email@example.com; If you're a Graduate student, faculty or staff, you'll use firstname.lastname@example.org - Note the important message above.
- Click the Apply button at the top or bottom of the EDE webpage, and then log out.