Ethics - Statement of Economic Interest Process - Questions/Problems
What if I have questions or problems concerning the Annual Statement of Economic Interest Process?
If you're receiving calls from folks regarding the Statement of Economic Interests, this is not anything AITS Security nor AITS Service Desk handles, however, you can direct them to the Ethics Office website and there is abundant information there https://www.ethics.uillinois.edu/. There is a letter that they will receive at their home mailing address, here is just a quick rundown regarding what the Statement of Economic Interests is.
If they have questions or problems regarding the Annual Statement of Economic Interest Process, please contact the University Ethics Office at 866-758-2146 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Also information can be found at the University of Ethics Office website.
Statements of Economic Interests
In mid-March each year, the Office of the Secretary of State sends a mailing to the homes of University employees who are required to file a Statement of Economic Interests (Statement) based on the criteria established in the Illinois Governmental Ethics Act (5 ILCS 420/Art. 4A). Approximately 8,000 employees University-wide are required to complete this form. You should be asked to complete a Statement if you met one of the following criteria in the prior calendar year:
· Persons who serve as a member of the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois.
· Persons who are or who function as the head of a department or other administrative unit.
· Those who have supervisory authority over or direct responsibility for the formulation, negotiation, issuance or execution of contracts entered into by the State in the amount of $5,000 or more.
· Those who are a Principal Investigator (PI) on a grant.
· Those who have supervisory responsibility for 20 or more employees.
· Those who have responsibility for the procurement of goods and services (University P-Card, travel card, i-Buy purchasing).
Forms will be mailed directly to your home mailing address, which is supplied based on the mailing address listed in BANNER at 12/31. If your address has changed, please print and complete a blank form. All completed forms should be mailed to the University Ethics and Compliance Office for review, prior to being forwarded to the Secretary of State for filing by the May 1st deadline.