University Portal - Problems/Questions/Website
For any issues with the "my" portal systems including bad or broken links, see the support resources below.
Help and Support
The help desks at each campus provide primary support for their respective portals: basic usage and functionality, identity management, content - all first-tier support is handled at the campus level.
- my.UIC support: go to https://myuic.apps.uillinois.edu and click the Support/Help link in the Resources section
- my.UIS support: visit http://www.uis.edu/its/techsupport/
- my.Illinois support: visit http://techservices.illinois.edu/get-help
Description of the Portals
The portals are distinct - each campus has their own look and feel, content, identity management, and structure, but the underlying technology is all based on uPortal. The portals are personalized based on roles such as faculty, staff, student, college, etc., to provide users with targeted content. The portals are also customizable, so that users can build pages, add content, change layouts and themes. In addition, the portal provides trusted authentication to several other applications such as UI-Integrate Self-Service, degree audits (DARS), and more. For a good video overview of my.UIS click here.
Tutorials & user Documentation
- UIC: About my.UIC, Online Learning Hub, PDF tutorial
- Illinois: Using my.Illinois.edu, Top Features
- Usage statistics