VPN, CISCO AnyConnect VPN unable to create the interprocess communication depot
This error is caused by Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) being enabled. You can disable ICS in either of two ways:
I'm trying to set up the CISCO AnyConnect VPN but get the error that the vpn client agent was unable to create the interprocess communication depot.
- Click the Start button.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click on View Network Status and Tasks
- Click on Change adapter settings
- Right-click the shared connection and choose Properties
- Click the Sharing tab
- Clear the Allow other network users to connect through this computer's Internet connection checkbox
- Click OK
- Click the Start button
- Type: services.msc and press ENTER
- Double-Click on Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
- Change Startup Type to Disabled
- Reboot the computer
- You can now try reinstalling the AnyConnect VPN client again.