Illinois Compass 2g, How to request a new Illinois Compass 2g space or Check Status of Request
I am an Instructor and would like information for requesting a space on Illinois Compass 2g.
Once you are ready to request a course space, research space, collaboration space, or development (practice) space, that can be done here: https://compassspacerequest.illinois.edu/
On the "Submit Your Request" page, you will be asked if you have special instructions.
- Do not use the comments box to specify all rosters to be associated or an old Compass course to be copied. You should select these through the form.
- If you do not use this box, the space will be created soon after the request is submitted. Please note that there is a 5-15 minute wait before you can upload content to the course. You must also log out of Compass and close your browser to complete the process.
- Typing anything in this box will result in a potentially significant delay in processing. These spaces must be created manually and can take up to 2-3 business days.
- Historically, this section was used to request additional Instructors or TAs or add notes about sections. However, both may be completed after the space is created.
- If you do use the instructions box, and need the course created immediately, you may re-submit the request without special instructions
NOTE: Please allow up to 15 minutes for your space to be provisioned and built. You may also have to logout and close your current browser in order to access the content area of the new space.
If you would like to know the status of your request, you can do that through the same request tool: https://compassspacerequest.illinois.edu/