Email, Exchange, Outlook Anywhere without VPN - Configure RPC over HTTP in your Outlook 2010 or 2013 Client
This page describes how to access your Exchange email and calendar account from off campus using Outlook 2010 or 2013 for Windows.
In Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013:
- Click the File tab.
- Click the Account Settings button.
- From the menu that appears, click Account Settings...
- In the Account Settings window, select the Exchange account that you want to override the default settings for, and then click Change.
- In the Change Account window, click More Settings.
- In the Microsoft Exchange window, click the Connection tab.
- In the Outlook Anywhere section, check Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP, and then click Exchange Proxy Settings.
- Complete the Exchange Proxy Settings window as follows:
- Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange: outlookanywhere.illinois.edu
- Check the Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate box and enter msstd:exchange.uillinois.edu.
- Check both of the following boxes:
- On a fast network, connect using HTTP first, and then by using TCP/IP.
- On a slow network, connect using HTTP first, and then by using TCP/IP.
- Under Proxy Authentication Settings, pick NTLM Authentication.
- Click OK, click Apply, and then click OK on the restart prompt window that appears.
- Click OK again, then Next, then Finish, then Close.
- Restart Outlook.