ICS, Papercut, Technology Services ICS Printing Instructions
This page contains instructions for using ICS printers on the Urbana-Champaign campus.
You can print to the ICS lab printers from anywhere -- whether from an ICS lab or from your personal desktop, laptop computer or mobile device at any location. When you send a print job to an ICS printer, the job is queued until you come to the lab and release it from the printer by entering your NetID and ICS password.
Web PrintWeb Print is a service to provide printing from laptops without the need to install print drivers. This feature is available at the Technology Services computer labs. Visit https://papercut.ics.illinois.edu and select Web Print on the left-hand side to upload the file and select the desired printer. Web Print utilizes the printer defaults and does not allow customization.
- First, install the printer client or configure Internet Printing Protocol depending on your operating system.
- Next, make the campus printers available to your computer by adding the printer locations you want.
- In one of the Housing labs
- In one of the ICS campus labs
- In the School of Labor and Employment Relations (for LER students)
- In the Digital Computing Lab (DCL)
- In the BNAACC Lab
- Finally, go to the ICS printer and approve your print job so that it will be released from the queue and printed.
Printing options and prices
All Instructional Computing Sites are equipped with high-speed color laser printers and utilize a convenient printing system that bills directly to your University account. All black and white print jobs cost $0.10 per page. Color print jobs cost $0.40 per page. Wide-format poster printing w/ premium glossy photo paper cost $3.00 per square foot. Submit your poster orders online at https://papercut.ics.illinois.edu and select Poster Printing on the left-hand side.
Technology Services will monitor and approve submitted refund requests for an error resulting from technical malfunctions of the printers and printing system. Printer refund can be requested via PaperCut. For more information, please email us at email@example.com or visit an ICS computer lab to get in-person assistance from an ICS site consultant.