Email, Google Apps @ Illinois, Using Google Apps with Apple Mail
This page describes how to configure Apple Mail to get mail from Google Apps @ Illinois.
Add your Google Apps @ Illinois account to your Apple Mail client
- Launch Mail (the postage stamp icon in the dock).
- Under the Mail menu, choose Preferences, then the Accounts icon.
- Click the plus (+) sign at the bottom of the Accounts column.
- Select Google as the Mail Account Provider
- At the Google sign-in, enter email@example.com as your email address
- You should be redirected to the Illinois Login page; enter your NetID and NetID Password.
- Select the apps (mail, contacts, calendar, etc.) you wish to sync with your Google Apps account.
Google's recommended settings for sent mail, junk mail, and trash
For more information about how Google recommends you configure your account once it's been created, see Google's Recommended IMAP Settings (external link).