Email, Google Apps @ Illinois, Moving to Google Apps
This page contains information about moving email from a campus email system into Google Apps @ Illinois.
Illinois undergraduate students are eligible for Google Apps @ Illinois accounts, including Gmail.
Illinois faculty, retired faculty, staff, and graduate students are eligible for Google Apps @ Illinois accounts, and are encouraged to use Google Apps applications like Docs and Sheets for collaboration within campus data security guidelines (note that Google Apps is not currently approved to store FERPA and HIPAA data). However, Tech Services encourages them not to use Gmail; instead, Tech Services encourages use of Microsoft Exchange email for university purposes.
Create a Google Apps @ Illinois account
If you haven't created an account yet, you'll need to do that first.
- Go to the Campus Email Setup, Step 1: Select your Partner Computing Services (external link) page.
- Log in using your NetID and password.
(If you don't know your password, you can set or reset it at the Password Manager (external link).)
- Choose the Select Partner Services radio button.
- Check the box next to Set up a Google Apps @ Illinois account.
- Click the Go to Step 2 button.
- Under Deliver my official campus email to:, click the button next to My Google Apps @ Illinois email account.
- Click the Finish button.