Networking, Wireless, Mac OS X and eduroam
This page contains information about using the eduroam wireless network with an OS X system.
If you are running Mac OS X all that your computer needs in order to connect to eduroam are the proper configuration settings. Continue to the next section for instructions.
1. Download the eduroam Configuration File from go.illinois.edu/eduroamsetup
2. Click on the eduroam Mobile Configuration package file to launch it.
3. In the profile window that appears, click Continue.
4. In the confirmation window that appears, click Continue.
When asked for the settings for eduroam, enter:
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Your Active Directory password
5. Click the Install button at the lower right corner of the window.
6. The profiles window will appear and indicate that the profile has been successfully installed. (The profile will be listed as Unverified. This is fine.)
You may close the Profiles window now.
To disconnect from eduroam, you may either select a different wireless network available in the area, or turn your AirPort wireless card off.