The Illini-Alert service sends email and text messages, posts to Facebook and Twitter, and triggers the Emergency Web Alert System for University websites in the event of a campus emergency.
Alertus client software will replace digital sign content with the Illini-Alert message.
Departments are encouraged to install Alertus client software on
digital sign hardware, and configure the FourWinds software to allow the
alert to display.
For your digital sign system to be compatible with Alertus, you need:
- Windows 7
- 32 or 64 bit
- Running FourWinds Version 4.6 software (used by the Illinois Digital Signage)
- In the FourWinds Configuration window's Advanced tab, the following two boxes should be checked:
- Use default desktop
- Use Content Player Monitor
Download and installation
- Log in to the WebStore.
- Search for Illini-Alert (or log in) and then follow this link to directly download the software).
- Download and save Alertus on the computer that runs your digital sign.
- Right-click on the installation package and select Run as Administrator.
- Follow the installation prompts.
- A command line window will prompt you to press any key. Do so and the installation will continue to completion.
When the installation is complete, a yellow Alertus symbol will
be displayed in the system tray in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Illini-Alert tests are held on the first Tuesday of each month at 10:05 a.m., coinciding with the emergency broadcast system.
- Tech Services Life Safety will use the Contacts Database
to communicate with the primary contact for any digital sign that may
have experience problems communicating with the Alertus server.
See Frequently Asked Questions about Alertus for more information.