Email, Exchange, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Requirements, subscription, and configuration information
The following information about the Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) for Exchange requirements is correct for Blackberry 9 and older. Blackberry 10 and newer should be setup using ActiveSync.
Where can I find information about the requirements, subscription, or configuration information for the Blackberry Enterprise service (BES).
- Have a Illinois Exchange account.
- Have a Blackberry device that supports BES integration.
- Contact the Technology Services Help Desk for assistance
- Once the Tech Services Help Desk processes your request, your BES account will be activated and your enterprise activation password will be emailed to you.
- Somewhere in the options area on the Blackberry (it differs based on model and OS, it is located in Advanced Options most of the time), there should be an "Enterprise Activation" option. Put in email@example.com (for Exchange 2010) for the email address and the password which was sent earlier. If prompted for a server name, enter exchws.illinois.edu.
- Note: enterprise activation passwords expire after 72 hours. If you do not configure your Blackberry device within this timeframe, email the Technology Services Help Desk and a new password will be set.