Email, Exchange, How to setup an auto-reply message or out of office message
How do I setup an auto-reply or out of office message for my Exchange email?
- Log in to the Outlook Web App: https://webmail.illinois.edu
- Click on the Options link at the top right of the window
- Select Set Automatic Replies from the menu
- Choose the option to Send automatic replies
- You can then select a time frame during which you would like this Out of Office message delivered
You also have the ability to set two separate Out of Office messages, or
configure just one and not the other:
- The Inside My Organization tab will be delivered to any other University Exchange account that sends to you e-mail addresses.
- The Outside My Organization tab will be delivered to all non-Exchange e-mail addresses (including non-University addresses and undergraduate Google Apps addresses). On the Outside My Organization tab, you can further select just addresses in your Contacts lists, or all outside senders to receive your automatic reply.
- Click the Save button to save your changes