Email, Exchange, How to create a rule to forward mail from OWA Exchange 2010 to another email address
NOTE: It is not recommended that you redirect messages from your Exchange account as it is best to use it as your primary campus account. Please be extremely careful if you deal with sensitive data in your job or academic duties when redirecting mail. You must realize you take on the risks, including potential FERPA violations. In addition, Technology Services is limited in providing support for email that is redirected outside of your University of Illinois Exchange account.
I want to redirect or forward mail sent to my Exchange 2010 account to a third-party account.
Instructions for OWA (https://webmail.illinois.edu):
- In the mail pane, click on Options in the top right of the screen.
- Select 'Create an inbox rule'.
- Click 'New' under inbox rules.
- For 'When the message arrives, and:', select [Apply to all messages].
- For 'Do the following', select 'Redirect the message to...'
- In the popup box that appears, type the email address that you wish to redirect to in the To: field.
- Click Save.
- Click 'Yes' on the box that pops up asking if you would like to apply this rule to future messages.