Office 365, Email, Exchange, Outlook, Cannot connect to the Exchange server / not receiving new emails
Please take the following steps:
Microsoft Outlook on Windows client cannot connect to the Exchange server, or client is not seeing new emails in Outlook client.
- Close Outlook
- Reopen Outlook If this does not resolve the issue, please; Go to: Account Settings > highlight your account > select 'Repair'
- Close and reopen Outlook. If this does not help, go to step 4.
- Delete the OST file (cached file) (see this article for more detailed info)
- Close and reopen Outlook (this rebuilds the cache) If this does not help, go to step 6.
- Delete and recreate the Outlook Profile
- Close and reopen Outlook
- If this does not work, please contact the Technology Services Help Desk for additional assistance, and consider using the Outlook Web App (https://outlook.office365.com) website in the short term