Office 365, Email, Exchange, Outlook, How To Delete and Re-Add An Email Account in Outlook
Please note that this will completely remove the selected email account from Outlook and delete the cached local copy of your mailbox, but items on the server will not be affected. These steps should only be taken after less drastic steps in troubleshooting an Outlook issue have failed.
Deleting and Re-adding an email account in outlook, Outlook Data Files, You cannot delete until you create a new data file
- To delete and re-add an email account in Outlook you will first have to make sure Outlook is completely closed
- Then go to the Windows Control Panel and find the mail icon (in Windows 7 [or later] you should just be able to search for it)
- Click on the mail icon and then click Show Profiles... in the next window that opens
- You should get to a window listing the email account.
- Highlight the profile for the account and then click Remove
- You'll be presented with a warning that explains that the data file will be removed along with the profile, click Yes
- Back in the profiles window, click Add... and enter a name for the new profile
- This will open the Auto Account Setup window, where you'll need to enter the full email address (usually, <netid>@illinois.edu), then click Next >
- The auto setup should find the correct server settings and logon to the mail server. If prompted for credentials use <netid>@illinois.edu and the AD password.
- When the process is done, click Finish
- Click OK to close the mail profile window
- You're done, start Outlook back up and everything should be good to go.
Document 47694 is unavailable at this time.