U of I Box, Accounts, Personal and Enterprise Account Conflict
I already have a personal account with Box using my @illinois.edu email address. How do I sign up for a U of I Box account?I cannot login via single sign-on with my NetID and password. How can I access my U of I Box account?
If you cannot login to U of I Box using your NetID and password, your illinois.edu email address may be associated with an unmanaged, personal account.
An unmanaged account must be accessed with a Box-specific password. You can regain access to an unmanaged, personal Box account using the password reset form at https://account.box.com/login/reset
You may request your account be joined to the enterprise by contacting Tech Services or you can do it yourself if your personal account is still active:
- Sign into your Box account.
- Click your name/picture in the top right corner.
- Click "Account settings" from the pulldown menu.
- From the "Account" tab, scroll down to "Login and Email Addresses"
- Click "Add more emails"
- Add a different email address and click "Save" (You might need to make it the primary before you can remove the @illinois.edu address).
This will free up your Illinois e-mail so that you can setup an enterprise account from here : https://cloud-dashboard.illinois.edu
Your managed, enterprise account will have unlimited online storage quota and requires your NetID and password to authenticate.