NetID Claim, Deactivated students, Returning students or Uni High

I am a returning student or I attended Uni High, do I need to use NetID claim?

All new incoming students should claim their NetID using their UIN and activation code via

Note: If you only went partially through NetID Claim and not all the way until the last page, the claim process is incomplete. You will need to go finish NetID claim using the password you set when you first attempted to claim.

Students who are returning to the University do not need to use the NetID Claiming Service. This includes University High students as well as undergraduates who are returning as graduate students. You should retain the same NetID as you had when you were previously a student here.

Returning students, for the most part, need to be manually reactivated since you won't go through NetID claim again.

Please contact the Help Desk at if you believe you need to be reactivated.

If you need to reset your password, you can do so by contacting or going to the Technology Services Help Desk.

Keywords:NetID claim return University High activate reactivate   Doc ID:48103
Owner:ID M.Group:University of Illinois Technology Services
Created:2015-03-03 14:23 CSTUpdated:2017-06-27 09:36 CST
Sites:University of Illinois Technology Services
Feedback:  2   0