Campus Mailing Lists, Request a new list
How do I request a new mailing list?
We strongly recommend that you read the list ownership
responsibilities at Campus Mailing Lists, Guidelines before creating a new list.
To create a list, you will need to do the following:
- Only customers with @illinois.edu addresses will see the "Create list" tab. If a customer logs in with their gmail, yahoo, etc... account, the tab will not be displayed.
- Per Campus Mailing List policy, only Faculty, Staff and student officers of a registered student organization (RSO) can request a mail lists for their organization.
- We use https://illinois.collegiatelink.net/Organizations to validate the RSO's officers.
- Log into https://lists.illinois.edu.
- Click on the "Create list" tab near the top of the screen.
- Fill in the form fields
- List Name.
- Select a List Type type by clicking on a radio button
- Enter the list Subject
- Select a "Topic". This is used for indexing the list on server.
- Enter a Description.
- Click the (Submit your creation request) button at the bottom of the form.
- Your submission will be sent to the server admin who will verify the request per the guideline above.
- The Subject and Description will be sent to any who is added to the subscriber list to provide information about the list.
- Check out the Campus Mailing List Users Guide for details about list management.