Security, Antivirus

I have a virus on my computer. How can I remove it?

If you have an infected computer:

If you are University employee and the infected computer is University-owned, or the infected asset contains any work data or information, contact your IT support professional or immediately for assistance.

If the infected computer is a personal computer containing no University data, Security and the Help Desk can suggest using the free version of Malwarebytes or Kaspersky AV, however having an independent certified computer support professional or organization verify its disposition can be key to making sure all malware has been removed.

If you are an IT support professional and just need to get a licensed antivirus/antimalware product for official use on your endpoints:

Malware Bytes (UIUC licensed version) can be obtained for university assets via the Endpoint Services team (
It is available for both PC and Mac.

Keywords:Security antivirus AVCD LiveAVCD infected malware   Doc ID:48251
Owner:Security S.Group:University of Illinois Technology Services
Created:2015-03-04 15:29 CDTUpdated:2017-09-27 15:53 CDT
Sites:University of Illinois Technology Services
Feedback:  1   0