Security, How to register your computer(s) with Security
If my computer is stolen, will Technology Services be able to help find it? Is there a way for customers to register computers with Technology Services in the event that it is stolen?
You may register your computer with Technology Services. In the event a computer is stolen, Tech Services can use the information provided to track the computer if it is connected to the campus network. To register the device, go to https://security.illinois.edu/content/register-your-computer . How-to videos are available below.
Consultants may assist customers with registering their computers.
1. Acquire the following information from the customer:
2. Once you have entered this information into the case fill out the form within the MAC Registration Tool on the internal webpage.
- Computer Manufacturer
- Serial Number
- MAC Address
- Wireless MAC Address
- Whether the computer is owned by the university. If so, get the Inventory Tag
- If the computer contains sensitive data
- Physical description of the laptop.