Email, Google Apps @ Illinois, Sending as @illinois.edu from a Gmail account with campus SMTP
I wanted to send mail as an @illinois.edu account from my "regular" Gmail account.
- Please contact the Help Desk for authorization to use campus SMTP.
- Go to your personal Gmail account, settings, then "accounts" tab.
- Under "Send mail as" select "Add another e-mail address that you own"
- A box should pop up with your name and then a space for your e-mail. Type in their netID@illinois.edu and then select "next step"
- SMTP server should be smtp.illinois.edu, port 587, TLS
- Type in your password and select "Add Accounts"
- You should then receive an e-mail from Google with a code. Click the link in the e-mail you receive and/or copy and paste the code into the box that asks for it.
- You should now be able to select which e-mail you would like to send from when you compose a new e-mail.