RightFax, Requesting Account on an Existing Centrex Line
This page contains instructions for Pinnacle Department Managers for requesting a new RightFax account over an existing Centrex line in Pinnacle.
What you’ll need
- The service number (10 digit telephone number) that needs to be changed
- NetID for an Individual RightFax account or the sAMAccountName for the group RightFax account
- RightFax Account Type Option
- Email address for fax notifications
- MRC account number
- OCC account number
- Direct your browser to https://go.illinois.edu/pinnacle (requires either an on campus network connection or the VPN) and click Urbana-Champaign.
- Log in with your NetID and Active Directory password.
- In the upper right corner of the browser, ensure .Dept Mngr is selected.
NOTE: If .Dept Mngr does not appear, then you are in the .Dept Mngr role.
- Below that, select Services.
- Enter the Service Number that needs to be changed and click the Search button.
- Select the Service Number from the list by clicking it in the Service column.
- Click the Change Service button.
- In the Other Information region, enter details about the
service request in the Any more information field.
a. Requested date, if applicable
b. RightFax Account Type (Individual or Group)
c. Notification email address
d. RightFax Account Type Option (Fax Mailbox, SMTP or Network Drive)
- SMTP – provide email address to send faxes
Drive – provide the network path (max 70 characters)
Note: Your department's IT pro must give the user "rfaxadmin" read/write access to the network drive
- In the Contact region, provide the name of a person who can answer questions about the line being changed. Either:
- Check the Select Existing Contact box, and select an existing contact. If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Contact Pop-up Search window.
- Or deselect the Select Existing Contact box and manually enter the Contact First Name, Contact Last Name, Contact Phone information.
- Click Next. Under the User Information region, if so desired, enter a User Name, and / or Expense Activity Code.
- In the RightFax ID field, enter the NetID for an Individual Account or the sAMAccountName for a group account.
- PLEASE NOTE: All RightFax accounts have a dialing policy of NCOS 8 – International and National Long Distance and Campus / Local.
- Click Next. In the Select Expense Accounts region:
- Enter the Recurring Charge Amount CFOP account which will be charged for any ongoing fees (i.e. long distance).
- Enter the One Time Charge Account CFOP which will be charged for any initial setup / setup fees.
- If needed, click the magnifying glass icon to use the Account Number Pop-up Search window.
- If the CFOP is not available, click the Prev button to go back to the Other Information tab of the Wizard and enter the desired CFOP in the Any more information field under the Other Information region.
- Click Next. If so desired, enter an OCC Expense Activity, under the Billing Activity-Location Expense Overrides region.
- Click Next and confirm the information is accurate.
- Click Finish.
- After adding all requests to the cart, click the Cart menu at the top left of the page.
- The requests should be listed in the cart. When ready, click the boxes next to the requests, then click Submit Checked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, if you would like all requests entered as 1 order (XXX-1, XXX-2, XXX-3, etc.) check the As Same Order box. If you prefer each request get a unique order number (XXX-1, YYY-1, ZZZ-1, etc), leave the As Same Order box unchecked.
- In the Cart Checkout Wizard, click Checkout Items.
- The Service Request number will be displayed. Additionally, an email confirmation will be sent.