Illinois Directory, How to add a nickname
If people are unable to find you in the online phonebook (Electronic Directory) because you go by a nickname, it is possible to add a nickname to make it easier for people to find you. To do this you can edit the "nickname" field with the Electronic Directory editor:
People can't find me in the Illinois Directory or online phonebook because I go by a nickname. How can I add a nickname to my Illinois Directory entry? How can people search for me by a nickname in the Illinois Directory?
1. Go to the Electronic Directory Editor at https://ede.cites.illinois.edu/
2. Click on "Click here to edit entries."
3. Type your NetID and press Enter.
4. Type your NetID password and press Enter.
5. The "nickname" field specifies what name can be used to search for your Electronic Directory entry. Add your nickname into this field.
6. Click the "Apply" button.
7. Click the "Logout" button.
Note: Mail sent to a firstname.lastname@example.org does not get delivered. Your email address only uses your NetID in the form of email@example.com.